Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Women, Worship and Weight Gain

This past weekend, my sweet husband watched our two girls so that my mom and I could drive up to the mountains and go to a Ladies Conference at my aunt's and cousins' church. It was a wonderful time of getting away and worshipping the Lord. And I was amazed at how much work had gone into this conference. Everything was decorated beautifully with a fall theme and they had all kinds of door prizes (which you know women love to get free stuff!) And I thoroughly enjoyed hearing the speakers and the singing groups. Just to hear how the Lord works in others lives and see others praising the Lord as well! And the food ---- OH the FOOD! I have to say I was very impressed with their Pastor, he organizes the meals and gets men to help him cook and serve it and let me just tell you, you may think that men would serve us hot dogs and mac and cheese, but on the contrary, we had a ton of good home cooked food and LOTS of it!! (Hence the weight gain :) All together it was a wonderful time and as much as I hated leaving my hubby and girls for the weekend, I was very glad we went. And I do hope that next year I will be told again when this conference is (Hint, Hint) so I can plan to go again.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time of reflection and relaxation!

Sheryl said...

Our Ladies Conference is the 2nd Friday and Saturday of October. Same weekend every year. So you have till next October to teach Kenny how to do the girls hair while you are up here for the conference. LOL...

melva said...

You will have to come in on Friday next year so that you can hear Sharon do her sermon. She is a joy to listen to and you will definitely get a blessing. I hate that you missed Friday this year.