Saturday, October 07, 2006

Pumpkin Patch



Today we took the girls to the pumpkin patch and it was a perfect fall day for it. I don't know if I will post any of the other pictures or not, but these are my favorites. I LOVE the picture of Amelia!!!! Isabella's, well, I love her and I think she looks like a little prissy pumpkin here, but she has been so hard to get pictures of lately. Actually, she was the one who went over to this pumpkin and sat on it, she just didn't want to give me her beautiful dimpled smile. She IS looking at the camera, so I take what I can get. Still a cute picture of her, but hopefully she will start getting better at smiling for me. Actually, I can't blame her, there were pumpkins everywhere, tons of other kids, lots of different animals to see, toys to play on, etc. She is just way too interested in having fun that slowing down to smile for a picture is a bit much to ask. :) Then when I put both of the girls together, I'm constantly saying "Amelia, Isabella, Amelia, Isabella...." trying to get them both to look at the same time! Most of the pictures I took of them together, Isabella would be looking to the side or Amelia would be looking at Isabella, but the picture below is my favorite! And not because its the best picture or frameable quality, but because it gives me a little glimpse of what life will be like.....
We asked Isabella to hold onto her baby sister and this is what she did. And instead of Amelia giving a confused look or crying, she was laughing about this. It was so cute that I had to take a picture. She really does enjoy when her big sister plays with her, even if she's almost putting her in a head lock. :) So, I didn't get a beautiful picture of them that I can frame and hang on my wall, but the fact that I can tell they love each other -- that's enough for me!!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I just love seeing pictures of your girls! They are so beautiful. I know what you mean about capturing their "relationship" on film - twenty years from now, that picture will bring a bigger smile to your face that the "perfect" one would have. But I have to remind myself of that, too! I am missing Fall so much down here in Texas - the crisp cool weather, the changing leaves, the pumpkin patch pictures. Enjoy it for me, will you? (:

Michelle said...

I love pumpkin patch pictures and these are so cute! I think the one of them together is a very framable picture! Not every picture has to look "perfect" and smiling and sitting still and staring at the camera :) I think this captures a fun-loving moment between them - I would frame it!

Kris said...

Love your new design!
Great pictures of the girls, too! Amelia is getting so big. Her smiles are THE BEST!
Happy Fall! ;)

Becky said...

lol at the picture of Isabella holding onto Amelia...or at least making an effort to hold onto her. The look on Amelia's face is priceless! What a happy little girl she is! The pictures came out great!

Sylvie said...

They are just too cute! And always so appropriatly dressed I might add.

melva said...

I just love the pictures. They are great. They look like they were having lots of fun. And getting them to look when they get older isn't any better. :) You just have to take what you can. But I love the one of both of them.