Monday, October 30, 2006

More Isabella

Yet another post about Isabella -- I'm starting to feel a little bad, like all I talk about is Isabella instead of Amelia, but Isabella has been in such a funny little phase lately. First of all, on a sweet note, last night at church we had what we call "5th Sunday Singing" - anytime we have a 5th Sunday in the month we have just a time of singing and testimonies. Yesterday Daddy asked Isabella if she wanted to sing in church with him and she said yes - so last night, she got up on the stage with Daddy and sang "Jesus Loves Me". Talk about a mommy feeling like crying!! When we were driving into the church parking lot I asked her if she was still going to sing with Daddy and she said "I gonna be scared!" But she did really good, it was so sweet, she acted a little shy at first, but then Daddy held her up and held the microphone and she did just fine! Then Kenny got a laugh because he keeps asking me to sing with him on these nights and I don't (on my behalf, he does normally wait until that day, doesn't have a song in mind, we've never practiced, I already get nervous in front of people......) But last night one of the teen girls came up to me and said "Will you sing with me tonight, Eddy's going to play the guitar and the song is just......" So here I am, knowing the song and realizing that since Kenny and I work with the teens and are wanting them to be involved that if I say no, I'm now not being the example I should be. I swear, I think my husband must have put her up to it! Of course, I had to do it. When I came back to my seat Isabella said "GOOD Job Mommy!" (She's the pro now, you know) Then Isabella absolutely had me in stitches --- as a little background, last summer we went to hear a group sing and some of the people around us would raise their hand to praise the Lord - well as soon as they did it, so did Isabella. And of course, we were cracking up because here was a little 18 month old raising her hand like she was praising! So this started at an early age. :) Last night, Isabella had gone across the aisle to sit with Makenna and her grandma. Well, during one song a man at our church, in his 80s, stood up and put both his hands in the air - stayed there for a few seconds and then sat down. As soon as he sat down, I saw Isabella scoot off of the pew, stand up and throw her arms in the air, stand a few seconds and then quietly get back up on the pew. I wish you could have seen it because it was so funny. Its probably not a good thing that she copies everything, but it is awfully cute!
Oh - and I just took a picture this morning of Isabella so you can see what her "new haircut" REALLY looks like. She woke up this morning and her hair was a mess (as it always is in the morning) but it was also a little flat so it made the "bangs" flat on her head rather than curling like they normally do. Go ahead, Gasp in horror!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

7 comments:

Gwen said...

Hi-I found your blog through Chronicles of Mommyhood. My name is Gwen and I have been blessed as well with three beautiful children through adoption. I didn't want to just stop by without introducing myself and saying hello. I also couldn't leave without saying what beautiful little girls you have there! They truly are!

Michelle said...

I bet she sounded so sweet singing Jesus Loves Me! The bangs look great!

Kris said...

Sweet! Sounds like Isabella has a serious singing career ahead of her. =) As for the bangs, on my way back from Chicago I had a delayed flight and poured over every fashion magazine currently in publication. Allow me to assure you that she is right on up there on the cutting edge of fashion! ;)

Lonesome Dreamer said...

Your daughters are gorgeous. I love Isabella's dimples and Amelia's eyes. What beautiful girls.

Becky said...

awww cute! I like her bangs! And that story is hilarious! Boy her and Emma are just right there on the same page, aren't they? Her with her hand raising and Emma with the "Hallelujah" business. :o)

melva said...

I wish that I could have heard her sing. I just love to hear kids sing. They sound so cute.
And her bangs look fine. When Casey cut hers, her bangs were maybe a half inch long.

~k/c~ said...

I think she looks more grown with bangs --but, I guess that can be sad in its own kind of way.
That was too sweet ( and funny) about her praising as well. . . IF we get such joy watcing OUR kids praise-- how big is God's smile? :)