Friday, October 20, 2006

Happy Birthday


Before you think this is a picture of some weird "paint" experiment, yesterday was my mom's birthday. Wednesday, I asked Isabella what she wanted to make Noni for her birthday (really thinking she would want to paint or cut something) instead she said "a hairbow". Hmmmm, don't think I've ever seen my mom with a hair bow in her hair, so I told her Noni doesn't wear hairbows, and asked if there was anything else she wanted to make her? "A birthday Cake!" So we decided to make her birthday cupcakes. Isabella loves to get her little apron on and help mommy cook. (Actually, I asked her, "What do we need to wear when we cook?" and she said "A TATTOO!" - man I wish those people at the restaurant would have just told her they were giving her a sticker!) I thought it would be more fun for her to make them colorful so we mixed some batter with food coloring and used that. Here's a picture of her rather proud of herself after the cupcakes were all done (and cooled, obviously) We did ice them and she put sprinkles on them, but I didn't take a picture of that. (Oh and notice the Chick-fil-a cup in the top pic, Isabella said she needed "lemon juice" while she was cooking.)
Happy Birthday Noni!!

6 comments:

melva said...

That Isabella is soooo sweet. She already knows that cooking something special for the one you love is the best gift of all. She is so cute and adorable. Loves her Noni too. :)
Happy Birthday Dawn!

melva said...

That Isabella is soooo sweet. She already knows that cooking something special for the one you love is the best gift of all. She is so cute and adorable. Loves her Noni too. :)
Happy Birthday Dawn!

DeAnna said...

Ok - this is too weird, I tried to post this on Friday morning, but blogger must have been having problems -- it wasn't there yesterday, but then I open up my blog today and see that somehow it went and posted it. Weird!

Becky said...

awww, looks like you two had fun! I've never tried food coloring in cake batter. They came out cute!Tell Isabella that my birthday is April 14th. :o)

Michelle said...

she looks like she had fun making the cupcakes and what a neat idea about the food coloring! She looks adorable in the apron!

Ms. Kathleen said...

Those cupcakes look so perfect.
I want to tell you that you have the cutest kids! Just adorable. Glad I stopped by (still not sure how I ended up here, must be a God thing :)