Sunday, June 10, 2007

Praise the Lord update

My dad told me last night and then my cousin Sheryl (Norma's daughter) posted an update today about my aunt, here is what she said... "I have been sick and not able to visit mom in the hospital. I did talk to Melva (our cousin) last night and the cancer has not gotten into moms bones and she doesn't have the congested heart failure. She does have the bacteria you get from hot tubs. How I don't know. I want to thank everyone for their prayers for mom. It really means a lot to know that there are people you have never met, praying for your loved ones. " PRAISE THE LORD!! My dad told me this last night and what a huge answer to prayer. Because of my aunt's symptoms, the drs were thinking that it was going to be congestive heart failure, but the test results said no. Thank you Lord! And when I personally heard that the "stuff" (for lack of better term) on her chest had spread, I was so afraid that the cancer was either spreading or something, but it hasn't -- again, thank you Lord! I really do appreciate all of you who have prayed for her, some of you have mentioned it on here and some of you, I know are praying but don't comment much on my blog :) All of the prayers are greatly appreciated. And I echo my cousins sentiment, it is really encouraging to know that people I have never met in person are praying! Please continue to pray that she will feel better, that she will be able to fight this infection away quickly (due to her lower immunity from chemo she can catch things like this easier), and that God will continue to strengthen and encourage her and all those around her. I am still praying for complete healing and it is an encouragment to me personally to feel that God has not told me to do otherwise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God!

Becky said...

DeAnna, I'm so happy to hear that! It's so wonderful to get some encouraging news in the midst of a trial! I will be praying!

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, that's great news! Count on my prayers as well.

Loraena Tuttle said...

I just prayed for her.