Saturday, June 23, 2007

Father's Day





I know Father's Day was a week ago, but I still wanted to post. I definitely didn't want to overlook my husband. He is such a good daddy (and husband!) and our girls absolutely adore him. Every day when he comes home from work, you will hear squeals throughout our house as our girls are racing to the door. And he normally comes in the door, kisses me, and then gets bombarded by them. He is either holding both of them in his arms or they are tackling him on the floor. Isabella, especially, thinks the sun rises and sets on him. :) Her daddy is the best, strongest, silliest, daddy who can fix anything - in her opinion. Just the other night she asked him to fix something for her and he said "I'll try, I can't fix everything though" to which she responded by laughing and saying "Daddy, you're silly anyway." :) I've been so amazed at how early a little girl wants the approval and attention of her Daddy. She will put a little dress on and say "Daddy will be so excited", "Daddy will think I'm so pretty", "Maybe Daddy will dance with me". I can tell her a hundred times a day that she is beautiful, but she wants her Daddy to tell her and when he does, because he always does, she gets this sweet little shy look on her face, like "Yay, my Daddy thinks I'm pretty". And its not just hearing that she's pretty, she wants to please him in other ways -- like shouting "Go Blue" even if its in the middle of a NFL, NBA, or our hometown baseball game instead of Michigan sports, she doesn't know who is playing, but she knows that Daddy loves it when she yells Go Blue. Amelia hasn't gotten into all of that yet, but I know its coming, it's sure to come, they will both end up being Daddy's girl. And that's Ok, seeing how sweetly he loves them, plays with them, disciplines them, prays with them, makes me know how blessed they are to have him for a daddy. There is so much more I could say, but I won't type forever. :) I am thankful that God has given me my husband and has given us the privilege and responsibility to raise our two beautiful daughters together!

7 comments:

Stilla Momma said...

Shocked that you didn't type more :) hehehe

What a sweet post and great pics! :)

DeAnna said...

Stilla, I know!! I'm such a jabber jaw when I type. :)

GLouise said...

What a sweet post.

You do have yourself a great husband and a great dad for the girls! What a blessing.

Loraena Tuttle said...

I think this is the first time I've seen a picture of your husband. Now I want to see the WHOLE family. =)

melva said...

I am glad to hear that Kenny had a good father's day. :) And it sounds like you have 2 "Daddy's Girls" :)

Calico Sky said...

You have 3 amazing blessings there!!

Becky said...

Sooooo precious! There is no sweeter bond that a daddy and his girls! I love the enormous grin on Amelia. Could she smile any bigger?!! :o) And good grief! those dimples on Isabella are so stinken cute!!! Mikey stood here staring at her. He's still head over heals for her. :o) Happy Father's Day (a little late), Kenny!