Monday, October 13, 2008

Menu Plan (October 13 - 19)


Surprisingly, I'm actually going to get this in on Monday, barely, but at least I don't have to try and change this to "Half A Menu Plan Wednesday."
Monday
Breakfast -- Whole grain pancakes
Lunch -- Girls had AB & J sandwiches, grapes, veggie chips
Dinner -- Leftover Red Lentil and Butternut Squash soup, homemade whole gr. graham flour rolls. (If you want the recipe for the soup see the link from last week) It was DELICIOUS!!! A definite new fall favorite soup. I love the flavor of curry, if you don't like it, then don't make this soup or put alot less curry in it. But I happen to think curry is extra yummy! Amelia wasn't crazy about it. She ate it, with some prompting, but not a favorite for her, she might not have her mommy's love of curry. :) If you want the recipe for the rolls, let me know, it came out of a book I borrowed from the library and they were nice and soft.
Tuesday
Breakfast: Egg in a Hole/Egg in a Basket (just learned my dad calls this French Eggs?)
Lunch: Bean Quesadillas, apples (I will probably be eating the last remaining bowl of leftover soup)
Dinner: Homemade pasta with sundried tomato/basil chicken sausage with a tomato sauce, side salad
Wednesday:
Breakfast: Grapefruit, yogurt with wheat germ or nuts
Lunch: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Dinner: Chicken and Red Pepper Tart. (My husband says he will eat this as long as I cut the roasted red peppers up small, I can definitely accomodate. :)
Thursday:
Breakfast: Pumpkin and Millet Muffins (I will be using coconut milk and I will use probably rapadura, honey, or brown rice syrup in place of the sugar, not sure which yet) If you can't tell, I love Whole Foods website for recipes.
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Chicken and Mango Tango (Recipe below)
Friday
Breakfast: Hot cereal with fruit
Lunch:
Dinner: We will be going to Boo in the Zoo, probably eating something really quick or grabbing something since Kenny will get home right before we have to leave and I will be dressing up my 2 little kittens. :)
Saturday
Breakfast: French Toast or Omelets -- those were Kenny's suggestions, he wasn't sure which one he would want and this is the only day that he really eats breakfast with us.
Lunch: Tilapia Patties
Dinner: I'm probably going to have a snack in between breakfast and lunch and consider the tilapia my dinner, we are having a fall festival at our church and the girls will probably eat a hot dog there.
Sunday:
Breakfast: Muffins and possibly smoothies
Lunch: Its my mom's birthday, so I'm not sure if we are all getting together or what the plans are. I will plan something after I know.
Dinner: Leftovers or possibly homemade pizza
Chicken and Mango Tango (from Superfoods Cookbook)
1 large ripe mango, peeled and stone removed
2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
juice of 2 limes
4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped (I will use some of the onion I have left)
2/3 cup EV olive oil
1 large bunch of cilantro, washed and roughly chopped (I doubt I will use that much)
1 medium sized cooked chicken or leftovers from a "roast" --- I will be using chicken breasts
Large lettuce
1/2 cucumber peeled, halved, seeded and diced
Put mango, celery, lime juice, and onions into food processor or blender. Blend on moderate speed. Add olive oil gradually. Add half the cilantro to the dressing without whizzing any further.
Remove all the white meat from teh chicken and take off any skin and extra fat (hence why I'm using the chicken breasts that I already have) Arrange lettuce leaves on plate. Sprinkle with cucumber. Pile the chicken on top and pour on the dressing. Garnish with rest of cilantro. (This looks so yummy, I'll let you know how it turns out)
Tilapia Patties
(I have Tilapia in the freezer, its our favorite fish, but it just hasn't been sounding good to me lately, so I'm going to make it nice and fattening by turning it into a "fish cake" instead. :)
Cooked Tilapia (probably around 2 cups)
2 cups mashed potatoes
A small squeeze of lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Herbs that you want to add, probably parsley and paprika
Eggs and breadcrumbs if you want them breaded, if not just shape them into patties let them cool and saute up in a little bit of extra virgin coconut oil
If you do want them breaded, dip into eggs and then breadcrumbs and either bake at 450 until lightly browned (probably 15 minutes) or you can fry them up in the extra virgin coconut oil.
Hope everyone has a good week!! For more go to Organizing Junkie.

No comments: