Tuesday, August 05, 2008

All is back to normal.... and I'm older now. :(

Thankfully, my huby got home safely early Saturday morning. He had a great time in Seattle, the girls and I survived while he was gone, but I am SOOO glad to have him home. We had a couple frustrating days here at home as our air conditioner went out and of course it was unbelievably hot last week. We spent the night at my parents one night, my dad was able to temporarily fix it, it worked for a day and then went out again.... vicious cycle. Needless to say, my girls and I didn't spend as much time at home doing crafts, we just would go somewhere... anywhere that was cool. Kenny called when their plane landed around 10:15 and I knew it would take a few hours for them to get home, plus some time for eating, but around 4:00 he still wasn't home so I started worrying. And on top of that, all week had been fine at home, but Friday night at 11, someone was beating at my door. I didn't go answer it, instead I called my parents and my dad rushed up. I think it was just kids trying to be funny, but it still scared me. Needless to say I didn't sleep that night until he was home. I called him and he said he was almost home, they had stopped at the only restaurant open late --- Waffle House (yuck). Anyway, what he really was doing was going to his office to pick up a birthday gift that he had ordered and then running by the grocery store so he could make me breakfast in the morning. He doesn't normally cook, but he made me stuffed french toast (with help from Isabella) and also decorated and had my presents wrapped when I got up. It was very sweet and it was actually very yummy, for any of Kenny's family reading this and wondering. :) I actually didn't even hear him get up and start making breakfast. I don't know about anyone else, but I just don't sleep as well without my husband there and until Friday night it wasn't from being frightened, although I guess it could have been from being pushed out of my very big bed by my 2 very small little girls. So once he was home, from 4:30 to 8:30, I slept like a log! The rest of the day was very nice and he made sure to make my birthday special. So he's safe, he's home, he's back to work. :( Now the world feels right again, except I'm now another year older and that just doesn't feel right at all.


steph said...

Happy Birthday!! I totally forgot when your birthday was. Don't worry, You are not nearly as old as me!

Barbara H. said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a lovely day.

James and Andrea said...

I know this is late (I'm reading over your blog backwards), but Happy Birthday! It sounded like your birthday was August 2nd? But you posted on MY birthday, August 5th. = ) It's a good week for birthdays. As a little girl I used to imagine that there were no holidays in August because I was going to grow up and become famous someday. Now, I just want to be a mom, happy in my own private life, but the thought makes me smile anyway.