Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Backwards Day

Yesterday was a beautiful morning here. It almost felt like fall weather for a little bit. After breakfast the girls were begging to go outside -- even Amelia was saying "ba pa da do ou sie", which I could only interpret as backpack and outside, so I knew she meant she wanted to take her Dora toys and go play outside. Before we could go outside though I told the girls we needed to get dressed. Isabella went and put her clothes on, she's always so proud of herself when she picks her own outfit out and dresses herself. She can easily dress her self, but picking the outfit out is not as easy, or maybe its TOO easy, grab any bottom and any top and you're ready to go. :) Anyway, this particular outfit was just fine, so I went and grabbed Amelia's outfit and asked Isabella if she wanted to get Amelia dressed while I got dressed. She was thrilled, she loves being a little helper. She got Amelia dressed and brought her in to show me. I noticed right away that the shirt was on backwards, but I just decided to overlook it, this particular shirt has no extra tag, just written on the back, so no harm done to Amelia.
They put their shoes on and headed outside. I walked out a few minutes later and this is what I saw.....

Poor child, it was bad enough mommy let them go outside without fixing their hair, but her big sister put all her clothes on backwards and then she (Amelia) finished off the outfit with her shoes on the wrong feet. Thankfully we weren't going out anywhere other than our backyard and I was still able to praise Isabella for being such a big helper and she never knew the difference. And yes, I did let her continue to wear it like that until we came in for bathtime.

7 comments:

Deb said...

How cute. I'm glad she was able to feel like a good helper and you have a great picture as a result.

Mak said...

I LOVE IT! That will be a good picture for here wedding reception one day!

Becky said...

Lol!!! Is her diaper on backwards, too? What a sweet sister to help, even if everything was on backwards. :o)

The Barkers said...

How cute!

melva said...

That is so sweet of Isabella to help her sister!!!!! And Amelia looks cute even with her clothes on backwards!!!!! :)

melva said...

That is so sweet of Isabella to help her sister!!!!! And Amelia looks cute even with her clothes on backwards!!!!! :)

Michelle said...

that is so cute that everything ended up being backwards that day! How sweet of Amelia to be such a big helper though!