Friday, January 26, 2007

Kind of a rough night

My poor Amelia is sick -- or at least I think she is. Yesterday she laid down for a late nap. She always takes 2 naps, but every now and again she will want a third. So I laid her down before Kenny got home. Then he got home, we ate dinner and she was still sleeping, let her sleep a little longer and then thought if I didn't wake her up she would go to bed late. So I went in and got her up and she was burning up. And she has pretty much had a fever since then, its been from 100 to 102, but only once do I think its gone less than that and that was at 5 am. She doesn't have any other "symptoms" so it kind of worried me last night and I had her sleep with me. I can't say I totally mind that because once again, I like getting me some baby love! But I didn't sleep much at all. Honestly I don't think she slept as well either because she loves her crib, but I was so worried that her fever would spike really high in the middle of the night and if she was in her crib I wouldn't know it. So I got to sleep with a little radiator on top of me last night. This morning around 5, Isabella came in our room -- which she does alot of mornings. She will come in normally around the time Kenny gets up for work and she will get in bed with me. And say what you will, but I love it. We don't let her sleep with us at night other than every now and then we make it something special, like her birthday, Christmas Eve, etc. -- trust me she asks every single night though. But in the mornings I love it, Isabella will come in and put her little arms around me and be just about nose to nose with me and say "cuddle, cuddle, cuddle" -- I know this won't last long so I'm enjoying it while I can. Anyway, she came in this morning and thankfully it was early enough that Daddy was still in bed so she was able to cuddle with him. As much as she loves her Daddy, morning cuddle time is for mommy, she was a little upset when I told her to cuddle with Daddy because baby sister was in bed, but she was ok when I told her it was because baby sister was sick. Well, Amelia being the light sleeper that she is, popped up and started saying "Be be" or "Bu bu" she varies between the eh and uh sound which I think is what she has started calling Isabella because we keep trying to get her to "say" something for Bella -- I think it worked, I think she at least recognizes the B sound for her. Its so cute! I kind of laughed seeing both girls in bed with us -- I don't think Amelia will be asking for it like Isabella does, but maybe that will change. Amelia then got kind of squirmy like she wasn't getting comfortable and it felt like finally her fever had broke so I put her in her crib and she went right to sleep. A few hours later when she woke up -- back to having a fever. I now have an e-mail into the nurse at her pediatrician. I know its a low grade fever, but with the weekend coming and the fact that she doesn't have any other symptoms of a cold or anything, I'm a little concerned about it being some other kind of infection. And fevers can be kind of scary. I know my mom said when I was little that I ended up having convulsions due to my fever spiking so quickly so its scary just to think about.

On a lighter note -- so I don't leave you all just worried about my poor Amelia -- Isabella said something yesterday that I thought I would share. We try to teach her that when she disobeys that she is making Jesus sad as well because she is supposed to obey Him and He tells her to "obey your parents". Of course when she does things that she thinks are good, like giving the cats water (or just deciding not to be mean to them for one day) she will say "I made JESUS HAPPY!" Well, yesterday I said something to her that was funny (at least to her) and she said "Silly mommy, that made Jesus laugh!" :) Too cute!

7 comments:

Kris said...

Ohhhhh, I'm so sorry to hear Amelia's still not doing well. I will pray.
I'm just now catching up with all of Isabella's birthday pictures! TOO cute--loved the princess theme (and by the looks of it, she did, too!!)

stephaniew said...

I love visiting your site to see you girls. They are so pretty! Enjoy them lots...Mine are 13 and 10!

melva said...

I am sorry to hear that Amelia is feeling bad. It is so hard when the little ones get a fever. I can remember doing the same thing with Cody and Casey when they had fevers, just having them sleep with me so that I could make sure they would be okay during the night. I hope that she gets to feeling better soon. Norma and me seemed to have gotten that sinus stuff going around.

Sheryl said...

DeAnna, I hope Amelia's fever is gone and that she if feeling better. Will keep her in my prayers. My mom is sick with a cold herself. Went up to her house to check on her after work and she said your dad was pretty sick also, so keeping him in my prayers also.
Sheryl

Michelle said...

I hope Amelia is feeling better! I have snuggle time in the mornings with Kayla too. If she wakes up too early I get her and bring her back in bed with me and she usually falls back to sleep...I love it! Not only for the fact that I don't have to get up way early, but just feeling her snuggled in my arms. Joe will bring her back to our bed too if she gets up before he leaves for work. So I totally understand!

Spirit of Adoption said...

SO SAD! I'm sorry Amelia isn't feeling well!!! I do NOT like fevers!!! You did the right thing by emailing the nurse! I think there is a fever bug going around though!!! I've heard a lot of people say they've been getting a fever that's lasting a wk with no other symptoms! Samuel had that right before Christmas - NO FUN!!!

Samuel does a similar thing as Isabella! He'll say "That makes Jesus HAPPY!!" or "that makes Jesus sad"! : ) I love the "that made Jesus laugh"!!! That's great!!! Thanks for sharing that! : )

Valerie said...

I hope Amelia is feeling much better by now. Fevers are scary - my oldest still has a tendency to get them, and they still scare me because they usually go over 103*. Anyway, I miss those "snuggle mornings" that the kids and I used to have. . .