Thursday, April 06, 2006

Growing up


Life is fleeting, years rush past...
and little girls grow up so fast!
Let me take time out to be
glad that mine's still here with me.
And though I'm busy through the day,
let me take time out to play...
Let me take time out to smile,
to linger with her for a while...
To invite her under the table for tea
and dress up silly as can be.
Let me take time out to sing
and dance and skip
and twirl and swing...
To splash in puddles when it rains
and make her fancy daisy chains.
Let me take time out to hear
about the things that she holds dear.
Let me tuck her in at night,
hear her prayers, turn off the light.
And for one more moment let me pray
and thank God that we shared this day
!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

DeAnna - What a beautiful poem! May I have your permission to "borrow" it (giving credit to you, of course!)