Monday, February 25, 2008

Prayer request

Just wanted to ask for prayer for our next door neighbor, Carol. Her husband Jack passed away Tuesday night. About a month ago, Kenny was talking to them and they said that Jack had gone to the doctor and that he had some kind of "liver infection" and were going to go back to find out more. Then this past Saturday, we got home and were putting the girls to bed, Kenny said something to me about checking on something. I didn't hear what he said, but heard the door close. So I got the girls ready for bed and as I walked into the room, I could see flashing lights outside and looked and saw a fire truck and ambulance. I went outside to see what was going on and Kenny mentiond it was Jack, Kenny went over to their house and I went inside and prayed for Mr. Jack with the girls. Carol told us that Jack had actually been diagnosed with liver cancer a couple weeks ago and they had just gone out of town to his sisters that week to look into some homeopathic things he could do, since they hadn't even started any treatment yet. My heart just sunk as did Kenny's. Jack was probably late 60s, I'm not sure how old, but I know he's been retired for a few years. They are just the sweetest neighbors. Its not like we get together with them all the time, just go over to see them with the girls sometimes, but you know you are close to your neighbors when you each have each others house key. :-) They have loved seeing our girls and everytime they would go on a trip, they'd bring something back for them. I remember when Isabella was born and we flew out to California, we told my parents to go over and tell them, because we knew that if they didn't see us, they would start worrying and wondering where we were. Kenny and I were going to go to the hospital Sunday, but then we didn't know if we would be able to get in the ICU to see him, plus Amelia was crazy cranky, so I stayed home and let Amelia take a nap. Kenny went and decided to take Isabella too. I'm glad he took her. Jack's son saw Kenny when he got to the waiting room and said, maybe seeing Isabella will help his mom. Kenny said Isabella kept saying she wanted to see Mr. Jack, and they actually let Carol take them back and they just saw him through the window. I think it was an encouragement for her to see how much Isabella cares for Mr. Jack.

We took some food by last night and visited some. They seem to be doing ok. It just happened so quick, but they are trying to think about the good, they are at least glad he didn't have to suffer for a long time. So please just keep her and her family in your prayers. And pray for Kenny and I, that God would show us how to reach out to them and that we would continue to remember to do this as time passes. One of their sons lives close, but the rest of the kids are farther away, so I want to be as much of an encouragment and help that we can. I'm sure that it is tough now, but that it will be hard for her when all the family aren't in town with her. Thanks!

5 comments:

raw said...

Lots of prayers coming your way. God bless.

Spirit of Adoption said...

OH wow. SO HARD!!! Praying for your neighbor. What a God-glorifying example of loving your neighbors ya'll are in this situation!

Gwen said...

So sorry to hear about your neighbors. I'll pray!

GLouise said...

Aww, how sad. They sound like great neighbors, as do you! Praying!!

Anonymous said...

Oh! there is nothing like good neighbors! I am praying for Carol!