Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!! In just a few hours we are leaving for a LONG trip up north. We will be spending the holiday with Kenny's family. We are both really excited -- oh and Isabella too :) - to be going up and seeing everyone. Some of the family we saw in May, but about half the family have not seen Isabella since she was 17 months old, which also means they have not met Amelia at all. I think Isabella is going to be ecstactic to be with so many cousins. I told her "You're going to see LOTS of cousins, do you know how many?" and she said "FIVE?!?!?!" --- well it is more than 3, which is what she has nearby. She will actually be seeing 14 cousins, I think she is really excited about seeing her one cousin Josey who was here in May, so I guess the number doesn't matter to her. :) Amelia...... I think after time will have fun with her cousins too. I'm afraid that at least her uncles are going to freak her out -- not purposely of course, she still is just afraid of strangers, men especially -- honestly, she just kind of warmed up to my brother on Saturday and she sees him more often and she has chased men out of the church nursery when its a couple doing the nursery. I don't think it will take her long to climb off my lap and run around with the kids though, she'll just be sure to run around those uncles. :) If you think about it, please pray for us, its a long trip. Please pray for safey and pray for Amelia to do well on the trip. I'm really not trying to make my sweet Amelia sound difficult, she is just particular. She is really such an easy going baby, but she just has those few Diva things that she doesn't like. One of those is that she doesn't like to sleep in the car, actually doesn't love to be in the car for very long so we are hoping that she does well. We're actually going to stop at a hotel tonight to maybe break it up a little but we will still be traveling for 8 hours today. Isabella on the other hand, will take a nap as soon as we get started, wake up for dinner, watch a movie and color, and then probably go to sleep later on. Granted, she will ask us a thousand time "Are we there yet?" or "I think we're almost there" but she doesn't mind traveling as much, I'm just hoping my sweet Amelia surprises me and does fine. She's not at the age that she can be entertained by a movie or drawing so we aren't even sure how to keep her occupied.

Again, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I know we have so much to be thankful for, not just on Thanksgiving, but everyday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip and a wonderful time!

Unknown said...

You need to stop by on the way home and see us! It's been WAY too long!

steph said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Hey while you are enjoying your trip up north get your inlaws to take apicture of your whole sweet family(that includes you!) so you can post a family pic. We are spending Thanskgiving camping with friends!

Anonymous said...

A very happy Thanksgiving to you!