Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas Season is HERE!

Haven't got around to getting my pictures from our Thanksgiving trip to post, so I thought I would at least start posting something Christmasy and hopefully change my background soon too. :) My friend Andrea did this so I thought I would too. :)

Christmas Time's A Coming.....
1.Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot Chocolate -- we always drink hot chocolate Christmas morning
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Neither.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, I don't really like colored lights. I like when I see something with all red, or all green, etc. Don't like the different colored lights all together.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? We have before, don't know that I have any now.
5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon as possible, this year it will be Saturday after we go to a tree farm and get a tree.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Sweet Potato Casserole
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I have a few, but probably the top 2 that were "constants" are that we would always go out on Christmas Eve and visit friends and take by presents/goodies, and my brother and I trying to find our presents. :)
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember believing in Santa Claus, but my mom told me that she thought I stopped believing around 2 1/2 (after being potty trained) due to our neighborhood setting up a place for Santa and when I saw him, I was so surprised that I wet my pants. (For the record, I know longer get that excited about Santa. :)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, but just one - well Kenny and I may just open a stocking gift and last year the girls got a stuffed animal..
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Snowflakes, snowflakes and lots more snowflakes, white lights, and ornaments that are special to us. I used to do 2 trees, and would decorate them differently but now I don't have room. My mom still does this and I love more trees. Isabella does have her own little tree in her room. :)
11. Snow, love it or hate it? Love it -- rarely see it -- Hate ice!
12. Can you ice skate? Ha, Ha, Ha. LOL!! (In case you didn't catch that, no) I did meet a guy my senior year of high school while ice skating because I was so horrible and needed help, fell flat on my face in front of him. Went this past year with my hubby and the teens and didn't fall, that's great progress. :)
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I do remember several, but I don't know if I have one particular favorite
14. What is your favorite holiday dessert? For Christmas, I like my mom's homemade peanut butter balls, coconut balls and her friend Barb's toffee. (hint, hint to both of you)
15. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Celebrating the birth of Christ, finding ways to teach my children about Him and finding ways to teach them about giving to others.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Again, don't know if I have a "favorite", I love getting up in the morning, reading the story of Christ's birth, drinking hot cocoa, etc. I love turning the Christmas music on and decorating the tree, watching Christmas movies and there are also several things we are enjoying doing as a family, like seeing the lights, parades, going to see the gingerbread house display, etc.
17. What tops your tree? A lighted snowflake
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? giving, really, I'm not just saying that I love shopping or making things for others in anticipation of giving it to them.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? "Mary, Did You Know?", "Silent Night" but I honestly love all Christmas music! I love getting the "older" Christmas music like Bing Crosby, and I love my Crooners CD.
20. Candy canes? Yes
21. Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas, Holiday Inn, Christmas in Connecticut --- urrr, sorry Dad, I really mean Mom for Christmas. :)
22. What do you leave for Santa? nothing -- although I have no idea what Isabella may try to convince me of this year because Isabella has decided on her own that she is believing in Santa.....

And now, I'm off to go pick up my mom and we are going to go to a huge Christmas Craft Fair. And the Christmas fun begins. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about other people's Christmas traditions. And I totally agree with you about the lights-- white lights are the ONLY way to go! :)