Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Two and a half

Today, our first little gift from God is 2 1/2 years old!! I cannot even believe how fast the time has flown. As I look at this picture I wish that some how I could go back for even just a few hours to when Isabella was this small. This was taken at almost 3 weeks and we had just been home from California for a few days. Of course, I love the stage Isabella is in now and I'm excited to continue watching her grow, but still it would be nice to hold her at this size again. Looking at this picture also brings back all of those feelings again - the newness of her, the miracle of holding the answer to our years of praying, and just the amazement that God would actually choose to give us such a precious little blessing. The last one I actually still feel on most days, I'm still amazed that God gave us this beautiful little girl! I realize the idea of the "gift" picture wasn't anything original or new, but I knew right away that I wanted to take a picture of her like this - her middle name actually means "gift from God". And that she is, even on days when she is unbelievably active/hyper, quite stubborn, and sometimes just downright disobedient - she is still the most precious Gift from God!!

2 comments:

~k/c~ said...

ADORABLE!

Overwhelmed! said...

She's absolutely beautiful!