Wednesday, August 19, 2009

10, 9, 8, 7, 6,....

...5! In 5 days, my 5 year old will be starting K5.
Can you believe it? I'm feeling pretty strong today, I think I'll be fine and won't cry.... anyone want to place some bets? She's so excited, she has been asking me every day, "how many days until I start kindergarten?" and she has been finding it quite hysterical how her Daddy pronounces kindergarten, I'm sure her teacher will hear about that. This past Saturday, we went out and had a little "going to school" photoshoot. It was just going to be us, but then I decided I could use Daddy's help (no one can make her laugh like him, and he's great at carrying desks. Love you Babe!) We had a mommy/daughter date day afterwards though so its all good. She could so easily be my retro girl, so I had to have some retro looking shots and then some school shots as well. Just so you know, the red high tops were too small on her.

She has told me everyday since Saturday that they hurt her feet. I'm a bad mommy, but they were too cute not to stuff her feet in them for this photo shoot. :) I told her to just wait, she was at least in high tops, try wearing a pair of heels with toes so pointy its unnatural, then tell me about suffering for beauty. I'm only posting a few of the pics, if you're friends with me on Facebook, I have several of them on there. Here she is, the cutest kindergartener:


4 comments:

Becky said...

AMAZING!!!!!! Love every one of these pictures! I just don't know what amazes me more... the fact that this little girl is so beautifu,l or the fact that this little, beautiful girl is going to kindergarten, or the fact that you take the most unbelievably gorgeous pictures. So, I end this with the way I began it...AMAZING!

PS By the way, I'm throwing in our life's savings on the bet that you'll lose it before you even make it to school. :o)

angie said...

I love your pics too! they are beautiful! I'm glad she had a great first day...so cute!

Loraena Tuttle said...

these pictures are amazing! congrats to Isabella on being a kindergartener!

Wendy said...

These are such fun photos!!!!